Men are really touchy about their performance on the bed. In general, it could be about anything that touches that department be it size, shape, or otherwise. Most of us start dating by the time we are 16 so the coming years bring a lot of hope and excitement for us.
However, it is quite common to have first-time jitters but if you are having it quite frequently then you should consider the idea that there must be a problem. This blog will talk in detail about Erectile dysfunction, one of the most common problems that affect men, and how it can have an early onset.
What Is Erectile Dysfunction?
Scientifically speaking it can be described as a male’s inability to have a firm penis or hold it up for more than a few seconds. According to researchers, it can have different causes which depend on our lifestyle or adverse conditions during the act.
Can You Have Erectile Dysfunction In Your 20s?
As strange as it might seem, age is not an impediment to this condition. People of all ages who have reached puberty can be affected by this condition since its causes lie in the physicality and mentality of the person. However, it is usually seen in men who are in their greys due to the simple fact that they are prone to some fatal diseases.
What Are The Major Causes?
There is a myriad of reasons it may affect someone in their early adulthood. It could be all or one of the following-
- Drinking Alcohol- Alcohol is a harbinger of diseases. Now most of us just start drinking during our early adulthood. This means we might have no idea how much is good enough for us. Moreover, peer pressure can also motivate us to drink a lot more than we can hold. Addicting yourself to alcohol at such a young age can stop proper blood flow to your manhood and you end up falling flat.
- Smoking- A very close winner to alcohol, the nicotine in vapes or cigarettes can digress your whole body mechanism. Since we are vulnerable in our early days chances are we might be affected by it.
- Stress/Anxiety- Though it can mean different things, one can be stressed due to studies or have anxiety about preparing for your career. This is why seeking counseling, yoga, or mild exercises is important to relieve some.
- Being Obese- Our lifestyles have made us love fast food which saves space and time. Unfortunately, most of them have lots of Trans fats and cholesterol that keep the heart from pumping blood and ultimately every other organ.
- Being A Porn Addict- This might come as a surprise to you but having unrealistic expectations of the act or masturbating a lot. This doesn’t mean you have to stop watching it altogether but do not go overboard with it.
- Diabetes- Diabetes is a disease that can cripple a human forever. As the blood sugar level rises or falls, it is no surprise that it affects the functioning of the body.
- The Fear Of The Act Itself- It is paradoxical but it is true. Some guys want to be so good they end up not being enough and ergo the fear engulfs them.
Symptoms Erectile Dysfunction
Apart from the obvious one some males also experience partial erections, no libido, severe sweating and getting shivers by even thinking about the act itself.
- Medication-This is always on the cards after you consult a doctor. They can definitely prescribe some medicines like Prozac to help you maintain one. It is usually advised when you are in your late 50s.
- Meeting A Sex Therapist– Some of it can be psychological and therefore talking it out may be of a lot of help.
- Practicing Yoga– Yoga keeps the mind calm and relaxed so if stress is your stressor then yoga might be totally great for you to turn things around.
- Communicating With Your Partner– Many of us do not share our feelings about the act with our partner. This can do more harm than good. Communicate openly and freely so that everyone knows what they are comfortable with.